Friday, January 8, 2016

Primer is your BEST Friend

Primer is very important before any type of makeup application. There is a primer for all skin types. Normal, Oily, Dry, and Combination. Some people say they don't need primer, I say better safe than sorry. Primer is a barrier between your skin and your makeup. Primer is not moisturizer, should not be used as a moisturizer, and a moisturizer can not replace a primer. Primer is a barrier so it should be a thin layer. I like to apply a pea size to my forehead, both cheeks, nose, and chin. This covers my whole face evenly and also helps save product which saves money. The main benefit of primer is tp protect and help balance the skin. In my experience, applying makeup over moisturizer causes breakouts, fine lines, and enlarged pores. Makeup does put a slight weight on the skin and if you continuously apply it you skin will begin to hang. If applied properly, you will be just fine. There are primers for pretty much everyhthing lashes, under eyes, and eye lids.

Once you find out your skin type you can find a primer for you. Normal skin can get away with everything; occasional breakouts but nothing serious. Oily skin is when your face produces a lot of oils. Basically, it looks like you dipped your face in chicken grease majority of a time. Combination skin is when you are oily in one section of the face and dry in the others. Dry skin is when your skin is always dry and sometime causes your makeup to crack or your skin to flake. It took me a few months into getting into makeup to know what my skin type was, but once I did I found the perfect primers for me. I like to layer my primers. I use one in my t-zone to fill, smooth, and blur pores. I also use a mattifying primer on the rest of my face because I get oily everywhere. I use the Benefit Porefessional in my t-zone and Becca EverMatte Pore Perfector on the rest of my face. Primers come in may forms to target all problem such as; hydrating (dry skin), mattifying (oily skin), smoothing (textured or having alot of pores on the skin), nourishing (flaky, dry skin), redness corrector (neutralizes redness), blemish control (stop spots), pore minimizing (to blur pores), and anti-acne prone skin (stop breakouts and soothe inflammation). There are so many you can find the perfect ones for you. What have you tried?

No comments:

Post a Comment