Thursday, January 7, 2016

Best High End Products 2015

*None of these products are in specific order and each product will have short and sweet description*


1. Sacha Buttercup Setting Powder
- This is the best setting powder for women of color in my opinion. In my opinion, this powder works for medium to deep skin tones. Can be used to "bake" or set your under eye quickly by pressing it into the skin. Sets the makeup all day.

2. Laura Mercier Translucent Powder
- This powder is light but it works for all skin tones. I will say this is for people who want a bright bright highlight. Fair to dark skin tones can use this powder. I would suggest the Sacha Buttercup powder would work better for people of deeper skin tones.

3. Benefit Porefessional Primer
- This primer is best for pores. If you have normal, combo, or slightly oily skin this would be great for you (all of the face). My skin is super oily so I only use this primer in my t-zone where I have the most pores.Its very smoothing as well and covers texture on the skin.

4. Becca Ever Matte Pore Perfector
- This is a great primer for oily skin. It blocks those stubborn oils completely. The only down side is it is sometimes hard to apply. This best way to apply this primer is to warm it up on your fingers and then apply it. I also suggest to press the primer into the skin to fill in any lines and pores.

5. Givenchy Mister Mat Base
- This primer is a matte gel and it also completely eliminates any texture on the skin. This base kept me matte for 13 hours without blotting. It was amazing. I'm not saying that my oils didn't get through I'm saying that it gave me more of a slight dewy look than a greasy look. Love this primer definitely buying it again.

6. NARS All Day Luminous Foundation
- This foundation is ultra lightweight and has great coverage. It is buildable but there is really no need to have more than two layers. Its has an amazing dope matte finish and it also has a good color selection for deeper skin tones.

7. Becca Champagne Pop Highlighter
- This highlighter is a warm pale gold. It goes for all skin tones. Including deep ones. I love to apply to any and all highlighters with a fan brush. Fan brushes distribute and blend out the highlighter at the same time.

8. Bobbi Brown Bronze Glow Highlighter
- I love this highlighter for women of color. This is the best highlighter for a natural glow. It has women of color looking like they are dipped in gold. Bobbi Brown also makes a highlighter for lighter skin tones called Pink Glow. I like to mix them sometimes.

9. Vegas Nay Grand Glamour Eyelashes
- These lashes are sold at the drugstore. The only reason these lashes are on the high end list is because some people think its crazy to spend $8 on lashes. These are double stacked lashes. They are big and fluffy they have a thick band which I like because i hate when I apply my lashes and there is space. So I prefer a thicker band. If you like a thinner band, you can can try the Velour lashes. They have natural lashes and they have thick and lavish lashes too but they are mink so they are $23 a pack.

10. Urban Decay Naked Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer
- This is an extremely light concealer with great coverage. I love this concealer for girls who don't like to feel makeup on their face.

11. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
- This concealer is also amazing with coverage. This concealer is heavier than the urban decay weightless and has the same amount of coverage. I like to use this concealer for girls with dry under eyes or girls that want a radiant highlight.

12. Sephora Bright Future Gel-Serum Concealer
- This is definitely dupe for the Urban Decay concealer. It is a tiny bit thicker than the Urban Decay and has a better selection than both the Urban Decay and NARS concealers. I like this concealer because it sets nicely and it doesn't crack.

13. Lorac Pro Contour Palette
- This palette doesn't have a lot of colors but it has a amazing contour shade for dark to deep tones. I also like how the shimmer highlighter glows instead of a lot of glitters (which I don't mind but some days I just want to glow) for those toned down days. I also like the banana powder in this palette it doesn't wash me out or looks ghostly.

14. Ulta Contour Kit
- This contour kit is very good. I like the bronzer shades and the highlighters in this palette together, they layer beautifully.

15. Ben Nye Final Seal
- This is a nice setting spray but it does have alcohol in it and a harsh smell. But once it's on your face it sets it and doesn't move.

16. Buxom Lip Glosses
- I love Buxom lip glosses because they have this lip plumper in them but it doesn't hurt or burn crazy. They also have amazing colors. I like layering Hot Toddy on Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick in Bow n Arrow. It stays on all day and gives a nice glossy finish to any makeup look. It also looks nice alone.

17. Buxom Call Me Waterproof Eyeliner
- I like this eye kohl. I just got it in a holiday set and have been using it ever since. It really dark and glides on without tugging. They also come in other colors.

18. Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade and Brow Wiz
- I use both of these products. If I am going out or want to be extra glam that day I will put on my Dipbrow Pomade but if I'm in a rush or want a more natural brow I go for my Brow wiz (retractable pencil). I also like these brow products because of the color selection. It comes in rich and cool colors so there is one for everyone.

19. NARS Blushes
- NARS has the best blushes. I love their color selection and how they are not chalky. My favorites for fall/winter months is Amour, Dolce Vita, Outlaw, Unlawful, and Sin.

20. Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara
- I love this mascara. The way to choose mascara is by the bristles on the brush. If they are too packed together I don't usually like them but this brush is twisted and the bristles aren't too placed together. Plus the formula gives my lashes so much volume.

21. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
- This mascara has a hourglass shaped brush and has a very nice formula that lengthens and gives volume to the lashes. Can get clumpy but you learn how to use it after a couple tries.

22. Buxom Lash Mascara
- I love this mascara. This mascara also has an hourglass shaped brush but the bristles are plastic and are spaced out, which I like because there is not much of a chance of clumps.

23. Laura Mercier Golden Mosaic Shimmer Bloc
- I like this highlighter because it bronzey. I have a lot of gold highlighters in many forms pale, warm, pure gold. This one has some gold in it but it is darker which I like for more of a sultry look and it compliments dark to deeper skin tones.

24. Morphe 35O Palette
- I love this palette because it is so warm. It is what every woman needs in her makeup collection whether she is a beginner or a pro. They blend effortlessly and compliment all skin tones.

25. Anastasia Shadow Couture: World Traveler Palette and Self-Made Palette
- These palettes are really nice. They have a nice color selection and are pretty affordable. They are very blendable and have amazing shimmery shades.

26. Urban Decay Naked 3
- I like this palette mostly because it is a pink toned palette. I didn't know if it would work with my skin tone but when I tried it I loved the way the colors were. This is my favorite palette for those girly glam looks. There is even a black with purple glitters in it that I love for a glittery smokey eye.

27. Stila Eyes Are the Windows to the Soul Palette
- I love this palette, mainly because I pulled it out for ever big moment in my life in 2015. I wore it when I graduated college, my anniversary, and when I got my new job that I love. This palette is very neutral but very glam.

28. Tarte In Bloom Palette
- This is is the warm version of the Tartelette palette. I love this palette because its right up my alley and i love them used together as well. They are blendable and have amazing pigmentation.

29. Beauty Blender
- I love the black beauty blender because it blends foundation better, in my opinion. I love the pink one for concealer and powders. I haven't used the green mini ones yet but i am going too. I also want to see how the white one works. I like the sponges because it blends out everything beautifully. They are also multi use. They can be used for powders, creams, and liquids. Its the best tool if you don't want to have to shuffle through a lot of different brushes.

30. Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer Brush
- If you do like brushes this foundation buffer brush is ammazing. Its so dense and so soft that it buffs foundation into the skin so effortlessly and flawlessly that it looks skin like.

No comments:

Post a Comment