Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Setting Powder: Laura Mercier Translucent Powder or Sacha Buttercup Powder?*

I love both of these powders but I also know many women want to know what is better for them and their skin tone? Which one sets better? Which one looks better in photos? I use both of them and can shed some light on which one may be best for you. I use noth powders to set my concealer. I use my Laura Mercier Translucent Powder when I want a real bright under eye. This powder is a cream color. It has some color to it so it is not only restricted to the fair to light skin tones. I am dark and I use this product and it doesn't make me look ashy or has any flashback in photos. I love this powder for my bold looks such as black smokey eyes.

The Sacha Buttercup Powder is more like the Ben Nye Banana Powder but it is more finely milled and has more of a yellow undertone. This is my everyday powder. I use this when I do my warm looks such as gold, bronze, or cranberry colors. I also love to set my eye brows with this powder. The Sacha Buttercup Powder is best for the medium to rich skin tones because of it yellow undertone. So it works best for the darkest woman which is a big pro in my opinion. Honestly it's all in opinion and preference. Which have you tried? Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment