Thursday, May 4, 2017

Best Baking Powders Out!*

I know it has been a while since I have posted but I am back and ready to share all the new trends and help in anyway I can on how to adjust them to darker skin tones. My last post was about Baking powders and the trend of baking has not died out. It has actually evolved. The Color-Correcting trend has come and matured into creams, liquids and now powders. Many companies have come out with powders for baking to suit different skin tones so ashiness and massive flashback can be a thing of the past.

The most important thing that i have learned about baking powder is that medium to deep skintones should stay away from Mica. Mica gives that baby powder ashiness under the eyes after it sets and is photographed. Many companies have figured out this flaw and have released different powders to suit everyone's needs. The top selling translucent powder by Laura Mercier is still number one and can be used on all skin tones. She even came out with a medium deep version for us darker toned women. I love the Medium deep to set my primer and set my face for an everyday look. The Medium Deep powder is just as good as the Translucent and still leaves an airbrushed finish to the skin. Sacha Buttercup Powder was also up and coming and now is most people's favorite setting powder. The Sacha Buttercup Powder is like the Ben Nye Banana Powder but it's more finely milled and has a deeper yellow hue. Ben Nye will always be a classic but the Sacha Buttercup Powder has become one of my staples.

The newest powders I have been testing are the RCMA No Color Powder by Alcone Company, the BeautyBakerie's Yellow Flour Baking Powder, and the Translucent Powder by AC Cosmetics LLC. First and foremost, I love all of these powders and I have used the with beauty blenders, regular $1 cosmetic sponges, and setting brushes. They are all top quality powders. The RCMA No Color Powder is the best Translucent powder I've every use that was a true translucent powder. I say this because the Laura Mercier Translucent powder has a light cream color to it. The RCMA powder is pure white but sets under my eyes like a dream without the ashiness. The BeautyBakerie's Yellow Flour Baking Powder is what I'm using on my day to day basis right now. Its lightweight and a little goes along way. I've also notice I don't get that super dry look under my eyes if I bake for too long with this powder. I own The Yellow, Translucent, and the Brown Flour Baking Powder by BeautyBakerie. I use the Translucent one under my eyes and sometimes to set my eye primers, I use the Yellow one to bake and I love the Brown to set my primer just before foundation. It also give a nice little bit of coverage as well.The BeautyBakerie also has a Pink Flour Baking Powder to brighten. I believe this powder would best suit Fair to Light skin tones. Lastly I have been loving the Translucent Powder by AC Cosmetics. I use this one for my nights out. I was impressed and shocked how well it worked on my dark skin because it has a peach undertone too it and it didn't leave my under eyes ashy looking. I particularly love this powder with my beauty blender better than a brush.

Overall, I am a true junkie and love trying new products out. I hope this helped you narrow down your choices or helped you choose the right baking powder for you. Check out my last post to see The Good, The Bad and The Ugly of baking under your eyes. Below I will includes pictures of each product and links to their instagrams and where you can purchase.

BeautyBakerie Brown Flour Baking Powder

BeautyBakerie Translucent Flour Baking Powder

BeautyBakerie Yellow Flour Baking Powder

RCMA No Color Powder

AC Cosmetics by Luscious by Lynn (They have another Translucent Powder in Butternut. Didn't order that one yet)


Instagram:
BeautyBakerie Cosmetics: @BeautyBakerieMakeup
Alcone Company: @AlconeCo
AC Cosmetics:@ACCosmetics_

Websites:
BeautyBakerie: www.BeautyBakerie.com
Alcone Company: www.AlconeCo.com
AC Cosmetics: www.LusciousByLynn.com


HAPPY STAR WARS DAY!* MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!*

No comments:

Post a Comment